Submit a request to your Case Manager on behalf of the Client that confirms they're interested in additional coverage, and the details of your conversation about their needs. Please also include:
- an illustration with the exact coverage the Client wants,
- confirmation that the owner, insured, and payor have not changed,
- the beneficiary for CII benefits, and
- additional age or amount requirements (if applicable).
Our New Business team will use this information to see if they can set up the new policy. Underwriting will also review for medical and financial suitability. At delivery of the policy, there are a series of amendments the Client will sign, including that their insurability hasn't changed.
Before delivery and settlement:
- You're required to give the Client a copy of the Guide to critical illness definitions – Sun Critical Illness Insurance (44-page booklet). This document gives the Client definitions for each of the illnesses covered. It must be given to every Client who purchases a Sun CII policy.
- To complete the settlement, the applicant will sign and date the delivery requirements with the new amendments.