Why is Sun Life collecting clients' email addresses?
- Emails are being collected so that Sun Life can send clients emails about their policy, product information, surveys and marketing material.
What kind of emails will clients receive?
- Clients will receive marketing emails, in service information and surveys.
- Clients can update the types of emails they receive by logging into mysunlife.ca and changing their preferences. Please note if the client unsubscribes they may still receive emails about their existing policies/accounts.
- Clients will not receive statements or information around the status of their application.
How does the validation process work?
- Within 2-5 business days, the client will receive a validation email from Sun_Life_Financial@email.sunlife.com. The client will then need to click on the link to validate their email address and start receiving emails. If the client does not validate their email address, they will not receive emails from Sun Life.
- If the client provides an email address that has already been validated, they will not need to validate their email address again.
Can clients use a shared email address?
- No, clients will be required to use a unique email address.
How does a client unsubscribe from receiving emails or change their preferences?
- The client can unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email, by registering and managing preferences on mysunlife.ca or calling the Customer Care Centre. Please note if the client unsubscribes they may still receive emails about their existing policies.
Can corporate clients provide their email address?
- No, only personal clients (applicants) can provide an email address.
Does this process register the client on mySunLife.ca?
- No, the client will need to follow the registration on mysunlife.ca to register. If the client already has an established account on mySunLife.ca, they do not need to re-register.No, the client will need to follow the registration process on mysunlife.ca and choose to receive paperless statements and notices.
Does this enroll the client for paperless statements and notices?
- No, the client will need to follow the registration process on mysunlife.ca and choose to receive paperless statements and notices.