- When reporting a claim, provide the exact date of death, if it is available. The date is required to cancel the policy and prevent subsequent mailings from being sent in the deceased's name.
- You are the only contact for the beneficiary. We do not contact the beneficiary directly about claim requirements.
- Death claim cheques are forwarded to the advisor of record, via courier to the financial centre, for delivery or mailing. They are not sent to the beneficiary.
- Partial payments in advance of claim settlement may be available to clients.
- If life insurance and the total face amount of all the life insurance policies is $150,000 or less, an express claim, where no claim requirements are needed, may be available.
- If payout product and the total death benefit amount of all the payout product policies is $150,000 or less, a payout express claim, where no claim requirements are needed, may be available.
How to Initiate a Life Claim for Individual Insurance:
- Call our Customer Care Centre at 1-877-786-5433
- Report the death using the template on the Advisor Site
Once the death has been reported, this will initiate the setup of the claim and the termination of the policies. After the claim is assigned, a life claims adjudicator will send the claim requirements via email to the advisor of record.