What content is relevant to your audience?
Interact with your audience by using your soft skills to show your authenticity and the value of your brand. This will help create a sense of familiarity, build long-term social growth, and help you stay top of mind. The most successful interactions aren’t always professional – personal can captivate your audience and encourages their comments.
Humanize your brand by being authentic and avoiding industry jargon. Captivate your audience by having a good text to image ratio while using a variety of multimedia approaches. Ensure each post has a purpose and is consistent with your brand. Suggestions of different types of posts include those that:
- Promote education by sharing infographics and thought leadership content
- Build trust and familiarity through sharing business and behind the scenes updates through pictures or videos
- Show your value and authenticity by sharing a story or anecdote
- Engage your audience by asking questions and giving space for them to respond
- Relate your brand or services to different days of the year (daylight savings, pie day, mental health awareness, and others)
Responding to interations
An engaging post will capture your audience’s attention and have them interacting with you. Your audience can interact in three ways:
- Reacting through a like or another emoji
- Sharing the post on their own page for their audience to see
- Commenting relevant thoughts or opinions
Use each comment as a touchpoint to deepen a professional connection. Ensure to respond in a professional way to their comment within 24 hours, but don’t always rely on canned responses. If it is an inquiry for advice, let them know that you will connect offline.
Interact consistently with your audience to increase brand familiarity, build stronger connections, and help you gain clients for life.