The diagnosis of grade 1 neuroendocrine tumours (carcinoid) must be made by a specialist and confirmed by pathological examination of the tissue. The grade 1 neuroendocrine tumours (carcinoid) must be confined to the affected organ and treated with surgery alone.
90-day exclusion period for cancer
No benefit will be payable under this condition if within the first 90 days following the later of:
- the date the application for this policy was signed
- the policy date,
- the underwriting decision date if included in the policy, or
- the most recent date this policy was put back into effect (reinstatement),
The insured person has any of the following:
- signs, symptoms or investigations that lead to a diagnosis of cancer (covered or excluded under the policy), regardless of when the diagnosis is made, or
- a diagnosis of cancer (covered or excluded under the policy).
Your responsibility to notify us about cancer
You have a responsibility to notify us about cancer, regardless of when a diagnosis is made:
- If we are notified within 6 months of the date of the diagnosis and the coverage for cancer is excluded based on the 90 day exclusion, coverage for all other covered critical illnesses will continue.
- If information is not provided within 6 months of the date of diagnosis, we have the right to deny a claim for cancer or any critical illness caused by any cancer or its treatment.