Please read the Sun Life Illustrations module before completing this case study.
Use Sun Life Illustrations to illustrate a Sun Par Accumulator II with the following information:
Mark Roy is a business owner who is looking for protection that provides early cash values. This would provide him with the flexibility to access cash value when he needs it. During your meeting, you heard the following needs and circumstances that need to be considered when proposing a solution:
Plan & client details
The screen shots in this document may differ from when you run the case study.
We've completed this illustration using version 3.0.0 of Sun Life Illustrations along with system defaults. Also, if you complete the steps in a different order, the information in your illustration may be different than what's displayed in the screen shots.
1. From your desktop, double click the Sun Life Illustrations icon.
2. Under the Start a new product illustration section, select the Sun Par Accumulator II link.
The Sun Life Illustrations page opens and defaults to the PLAN DESIGN tab.
3. Under the Plan & client details section, select Single life, and enter Mark's information.
4. Under the Coverage details section:
As you enter information, the Illustration Summary displays the details of the plan and any important messages.
Things to remember
If a client is eligible and decides to go on premium offset and the dividend scale is reduced in the future, they may have to resume paying premiums to maintain their coverage.
If the policy owner wishes to go on premium offset at some time in the future, then the plus premium benefit is no longer available. Plus premium benefit payments stop and they cannot be restarted while the policy is on premium offset.
5. Under the Assumptions section:
Premiums for optional benefits may continue past the payment period of the base plan where applicable.
6. From the Optional benefits including Term insurance, section under Other optional benefits:
7. From the Illustration Summary section, click the Refresh button.
8. Click Save, and from the Save illustration dialog box, in the Illustration name field give the recommended name of Firstname Lastname Product Coverage amount and then click Save.
9. Click the REPORT DESIGN tab.
10. For the Designed for field enter in Mr. Mark Roy and then select Cover Page.
The Client Report Options that are greyed out are mandatory and will always print on a report.
If you select Business card information to be printed on the report, ensure your name shows above the manage business cards link.
11. Click View Client Report to open the report in Adobe Reader.
12. From the File drop-down menu, Save As.