Please share the documents that you send to us with your firm. This will ensure that you and your firm have records of the business you have with Sun Life.
You can send us documents by:
Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada
227 King Street South
PO Box 1601 Station Waterloo
- Email: Wholesale.New.Business@sunlife.com
- Fax : 1-866-693-0324
Applications are normally posted to the Advisor Site within 2 business days.
For documents related to a pending application (e.g. delivery and settle requirements):
- Please send them through the Advisor Site to ensure they get to the right place.
- You need to provide copies of all documents to your firm.
For paper applications
You can use these paper applications to submit new business:
Rapid Application (fillable) / Rapid Application (810-2815) (paper)
Application for life and/or critical illness insurance (810-2799)
Application to submit conversions
Meeting with Clients Non-face-to-face while using the paper application:
- Send a copy of the application to the Client via fax, mail, or secure email link and ensure they have a printed copy available for your discussion
- Complete the application with the Client
For Permanent and Universal Life insurance:
- Use video chat (e.g. Zoom, Skype, FaceTime) to verify their email address and review/complete an application with the Client.
- To comply with anti-money laundering legislation and regulatory requirements, verification of identity must be completed via video chat using the Dual Process method.
- If you’re unable to meet with the Client via video chat, a 4355 form must be completed by an agent or mandatary for VOI and AML purposes.
For Term and Critical illness:
- The preferred method is to meet with the Client is by video chat. In exceptional circumstances, the application can be completed over the phone.
- The Client must sign and send the signature page of the application, the signature page of the illustration, and any other required documents back to you via fax, mail, or secure email link. You can scan and send an image of any documents that will be included in the policy page booklet (e.g. a signature page). Scanned documents must be in PDF format.
- The scanned signature page returned by the Client will become the official record. We ask that you or your firm keep original documents. You are not currently required to submit both the scanned and original documents.
- Ensure that the "Special Instructions" section states that the application was completed using the non face-to-face process.
- Send the completed and signed application with any supporting documents back to your firm via fax, mail, or secure email link.